Monday, October 5, 2009

Peanut Hutchings



Haha, sorry, I just had too. So we went to the doctor today for our first 8 week appointment and all went well. I had the fun girly checkups and we talked about diet, exercise, prenatal vitamins and all of that good stuff. One thing I learned is that your body can only absorb 500mg of calcium at one time. Interesting. At the end of the appointment I mentioned that I had noticed a little bit of spotting (blood) so the doctor decided it would be a good idea to have an ultrasound and make sure all was well with baby.

We had our appointment about an hour ago and it was AMAZING! To say the least. We got to see the tiny 1.43 cm blob against a black section ( my too full bladder). Right away we could see a little twinkle that is the heart. It twinkles b/c it is pumping blood at 150+ beats per minute. We even got to hear it! Oh, it was so special. I can't believe that is inside of me - and going to get much bigger soon. We learned that the baby gets its nutrients right now from the yolk sac (the lunch box). Then he checked to see if my ovaries are healthy -they are and we were done. I hope none of this grossed you out but it was so amazing to me. Our bodies are incredible. Men are totally missing out on the ultra-sound experience.

So, in truth, there is only one baby. I think that's all I could handle anyways!

Love, Jake and Char

No comments:

Post a Comment