So far all is well on the baby front. Except for my sudden food finicky-ness. This last week the strong sense of smell and nausea kicked in. Sometimes I feel like eating everything I see and sometimes just the thought of food makes me sick. And of course it fluctuates throughout the day from hour to hour making life adventurous.
Jake and I went to Tucanos last Saturday which has a salad bar and they bring around meat. Well, let's just say after getting rid of my breakfast I was very hungry and had plenty of room so it was a great lunch. Oh, and they have THE BEST mashed potatoes EVER! I think I ate 5 servings.
The worst of it happened today when I pulled up at school and made good friends with the weeds. It was embarrassing because a guy walked up to me from his car to see if I was all right. So I found this bit of pregnant humor and thought it was pretty funny:
How to have morning sickness in public
• Pretend you're looking for something deep inside your purse — then snap it shut and discard.
• "Want to see my impression of Old Faithful?"
• "I'm sorry about your shoes."
• "Maybe next time don't eat your Pad Thai so close to me, okay?"
• Act drunk.
(Sorry to be so personal and gross :)
Oh No! I hope it doesn't last too long. If you need anything just let me know!
ReplyDeleteSweet! A May-baby. You two and my parents have something in common.
ReplyDeleteCongrats you two! I just found out that you have this blog and I LOVE to blog (though I only get around to it once in awhile) so I thought I would check it out. :) I am so excited for you! Having a baby is the BEST thing in the world... You both will be great parents. :)
ReplyDelete