Monday, November 16, 2009

It's November already!

Ok. Shame on me, I haven't updated in quite a while. We've been having lots of fun adventures lately. Of course, back in October there was Halloween. Our ward party went great. I helped serve soup and refill water pitchers. There were about 300 people which was twice as many as expected but it was great. Jake stayed home b/c he just had some dental work done and was feeling icky. Thankfully, we are done with the dentist for a while (knock on wood).

I am officially in the 2nd trimester now at 14 weeks today!!! I am definitely feeling better and have more energy. I even exercised yesterday! For the past 4-5 weeks the nausea has been letting up but I've also been taking Zofran which has saved me the ordeal of being sick at school.

We've had family around quite a bit which has been fun. My brothers, Roman and Remington came up for a swim meet and stayed with us then my mom came up the next day with a friend and stayed with us. It was lots of fun. And last night we had Jake's dad and sister over for dinner.

Which reminds me, we've been trying some fun new recipes. I made parmesan chicken a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious. I even made my own bread crumbs for the batter. Yesterday we tried a Jam-filled almond muffin recipe (I Highly reccommend it) and and Slow-cooker Salsa Chicken (also very good). The muffins are delicious. We made them from scratch - some with strawberry jam and some with blackberry. You put the jam in the middle then sprinkle almonds and sugar on top :)
The chicken was way easy. Put chicken in the crockpot with taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup and salsa and cook. Then serve over rice or baked potato with sour cream. Or eat in a burrito.

So life is good. It's getting cold - snowed all weekend but that means Christmas is close! Speaking of Christmas, we are getting a piano today. Jake's mom is giving us her piano since they don't play it. We are very excited and grateful. It's going to be nice to have piano music in our house :)

1 comment: