Wednesday, January 19, 2011

As good as we choose to be

So at a meeting last Sunday, the Bishop asked how we (RS presidency) were. For some reason I said "As good as we choose to be". Little did I realize I would be tested to see if I could really follow that and choose to have a good attitude. This week has been super crazy. We have been doing a lot of visits for RS. We are going to visit every sister in the ward. It has been a lot of fun but is very time consuming and we always schedule visits for Monday since we are all available. That means that I don't really get a day off to relax, plan for school, clean, craft, hang out with Lee, or anything really. Also, I start a new rotation tomorrow with new lessons and I am NOT ready. I've been very preoccupied and busy with planning and prep work.

Anyways, yesterday (Tuesday) I woke up twice in the night with Chayla -as usual :( and I thought for a moment it was Saturday. But no, it was only the first work day of the week and I was waking up really late. I only had about 10-15 minutes to get ready. When I got to school I had to skip my prep time to be on bus duty. Then, I had 2 classes that were not so good. In fact, I cried a little after first grade left because I felt like such a terrible teacher. Then after school I rushed home, did some more planning and went back to school for 3 hours and still didn't get everything ready. Well by this point I was pretty tired and feeling emotional and sorry for myself. And then I remembered what Keri (my mentor) would always say "Focus on the Positive"

So then I thought about the day this way: I'm lucky to have a wonderful baby and even when she wakes up she goes back to bed quickly. And even though I woke up late, I already had lunch packed and Chayla's bag packed and I just got my hair cut the night before and it still looked good so I was able to get ready quickly and got to school on time. And even though I was on bus duty it was really warm day. And even though my first grade was awful, they are leaving tomorrow. Then I realized that I was so lucky to have Jake who watched Chayla and fed her and gave her a bath, so that I could go to school and work for 3 hours and get a lot done.

SO, I guess the moral of the story is I need to stop whining b/c its a vicious circle that just seems to make me feel worse. When in reality, I have so much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment