Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hiking the Y

We decided that we wanted to go on a date and do something outdoors and active. So a hike was the logical decision. Jake suggested hiking the Y which is kinda ironic since both of us are now graduated and never hiked the Y while we were at BYU. Never to late. We got ready- I insisted on taking 6 water bottles and my camel as well as hats and sunglasses. I remember on our last hiking trip we were under prepared and I got heat stroke.

This is us at the trail head in front of the big Y. The hike was really nice. I was reminded how out-of-shape I am and had to stop often for water but it was great being up high where we could see everything. I felt bad for packing so many water bottles b/c we didn't need more than 2 and Jake ended carrying everything - such a good man.
When we stopped for water we took the opportunity for pictures. This is Jake as the Arrowhead model. I think we should send it in with a proposal that he be their new spokesperson. Below is one of me making a silly
face as usual. On the way down the trail I got my
duck impression going. Thankfully there were no pictures of that one.

We made it to the top of the Y before we knew it. We had sandwiches and enjoyed the view. The Y itself looks like the just whitewashed the mountain side and its not as big as you'd think. Of course by this point I look entirely like a lobster but that's the face I was born with so gotta love it.














Jake has been teaching me how to wink. Of course he is way better at it than I. I love the way he smiles at the same time.




"What? You've never seen a man on a rock before?"

No comments:

Post a Comment